MONTEREY PENINSULA REGIONAL PARK DISTRICT
PARKS, OPEN SPACE AND COASTAL PRESERVATION COMMUNITY GRANT PROGRAM
Community Grant Application Window for Fiscal Year 2017-18 is now closed. Awards will be announced in December.
The Community Grant Program was established to assist local public agencies, community groups and nonprofit organizations within the District with funding for improvements to community and neighborhood parks, open space and preservation of coastal areas. Funding for the program is from the Parks, Open Space and Coastal Preservation Assessment District, approved by residents in a 2004 ballot measure.
Projects that may be considered for funding include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Projects that increase the safety of park users, particularly young children e.g. replacing older playground equipment with newer, safer equipment.
- Projects that enhance Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) accessibility.
- Projects that enhance public awareness and appreciation of parks, recreation and open space, such as trails, overlooks, benches and interpretive signage programs.
- Projects that involve the acquisition of land that will be used for permanent public parks or open space.
- Projects that enhance coastal preservation efforts.
For more details, please refer to the Guidelines and Application posted below.
Current grantees must request reimbursement using the disbursement form below.