To help reduce the spread of the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), the Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District (District) is taking the following measures:
- All planned group activities at District parks have been suspended;
- The Garland Ranch Regional Park Visitor Center and Palo Corona Regional Park Discovery Center are closed;
- de Dampierre ballfields and Cachagua Community Park are closed; other parks/preserves are open.
- Water fountains are closed.
- District offices are closed and employees not providing essential governmental fuctions or services are working remotely;
- The Ranger-on-Duty may be reached between the hours of 8:00am and 4:00pm at (831) 659-4488 x1;
- Park rules will be enforced.
While enjoying the parks, please adhere to Social Distancing:
- Maintain at least six-foot social distance from other individuals;
- Face coverings recommended;
- Wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds as frequently as possible, or use hand sanitizer:
- Cover coughs or sneezes (into the sleeve or elbow, not hands);
- Regularly clean high-touch surfaces; and
- Do not shake hands
The District is complying with all local official Orders and CDC recommendations. For updates on COVID-19, please refer to the following websites: