Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District
Welcome to the Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District website. Here you will find resources including meeting agendas and staff reports, employment and financial information, a park locator and trail maps, and the access permit application.
MONTEREY PENINSULA REGIONAL PARK DISTRICT. PRESERVING AND PROTECTING YOUR PARKS AND OPEN SPACE SINCE 1972.
MPRPD PARKS AFFECTED BY AND CLOSED DUE TO SOBERANES FIRE
The following MPRPD parks are closed due to the Soberanes Fire. Public access is strictly prohibited at:
- Garland Ranch Regional Park
(Anticipated reopen date, 9/1/16)NOW OPEN with the exception of Vasquez Trail
- Kahn Ranch addition to Garland Ranch (Anticipated reopen date, 10/1/16)
- Mill Creek Redwood Preserve (Closed indefinitely)
- Palo Corona Regional Park (Anticipated reopen date, 10/1/16)
- Cachagua Community Park (Anticipated reopen date, 10/1/16)
MPRPD sincerely thanks you for your continued support and patience for any inconvenience our response to the Soberanes Fire may have caused.
CAL FIRE reports that the Soberanes wildfire has burned more than 88,600 acres and is 60% contained. Firefighters are working hard to contain the fire. You can help by staying off closed roads and obeying park closure signs. Additionally, Monterey Bay Air Resources District has issued a Soberanes Wildfire Air Quality Advisory for the area.
For fire updates, visit:
- CAL FIRE website: http://www.fire.ca.gov/current_incidents
- USDA Forest Service website: http://activefiremaps.fs.fed.us/
- Wildlandfire US Wildland fires website: http://www.arcgis.com/apps/PublicInformation/index.html?appid=0c12ac1e89c24075a2be145f4db6caf5&extent=-117.3113%2C34.4899%2C-117.2105%2C34.5413
- Kathleen Novoa blog: https://bigsurkate.wordpress.com/
- Keith Vandevere blog: https://xasauantoday.com/
HISTORIC CONSERVATION EFFORT WILL FOREVER PROTECT CARMEL RIVER AND HABITAT
INFORMATIONAL MAILER HITS LOCAL MAILBOXES
The Monterey Peninsula Regional Park District is looking to extend local funding. An informational mailer was recently sent to registered voter households within the District. To view the mailer, click on one of the links below: