All hikes are led by MPRPD-trained Volunteer Naturalists and will meet at the locations noted on the hike schedules below. Rain will generally cancel a hike, but please call the hike leader if in doubt. The telephone numbers for all hike leaders are listed on the schedule, along with a short description of the planned hike.September 2018 Guided Hike Schedule
Prepare for Your Hike
To ensure that your hiking experience is enjoyable, please observe the following precautions:
- Wear boots or sturdy walking shoes appropriate for rugged trails.
- Dress in layers. The weather can be unpredictable.
- Carry ample water with you to drink. Parts of some hikes are in full sun. Water is not available at many of the hike locations.
- Restrooms are not always available, so please plan accordingly.
- Only service dogs are allowed on hikes led by MPRPD Volunteer Naturalists and other Let’s Go Outdoors! instructors. On self-guided hikes, dogs must be leashed or under immediate voice and visual control at all times.
- Park District staff, volunteers and the public, during special events, might operate vehicles on Garland Park roads and trails. All other users must yield to vehicles.
Help us promote safety on multi-use trails.
Please be courteous on the trail. Stay alert and make sure your presence in known to other trail users, particularly when approaching from behind.
Some trails in Garland Ranch Regional Park permit horses and bicycles. Hikers yield to horses; bicyclists yield to hikers and horses.